Monday, July 03, 2006

Singapore Curry Noodles with Green Peppers and Shrimp and Curried Cauliflower



For the 4th of July weekend, two friends from high school came to visit. We had a whirlwind adventure visiting NYC for two days and then driving back to D.C. to go to the zoo and see the 4th of July fireworks on the mall. On a quick side note, we saw Avenue Q on Broadway; if it comes to your city - go see it, it's hilarious. My two friends love to cook at least as much as I do so we had discussed ahead of time what recipes we were going to cook up during their trip. My friend brought this cookbook and we decided on the noodle dish and my other friend decided to make her curried cauliflower dish to go with it. I have to give them credit - they did all the cooking but I did set the table! I LOVE this cookbook - we made two recipes from there for our 4th of July picnic - a curried chicken salad and a curry yogurt dip. If anyone is thinking about getting me a random gift anytime soon, here's a worthy present! :)

No comments: