Monday, March 20, 2006

Chipotle Cheese Fondue

I finally have found a perfect fondue recipe that is extremely creamy and packed with flavor. One contributing factor to the consistency of the fondue is evenly mixing the cubed cheese bits with cornstarch in a bowl before throwing it into the pot rather than making the traditional rue in the pot. I'd suggest trying that approach out with any fondue recipe and maybe that will help with minimizing lumps. We dipped the usual assorted goodies into the fondue such as broccoli, crusty bread and tart green apples. I must admit our fondue making experiences have been made simple by this wonderful and surprisingly inexpensive stainless steel fondue pot. If you are a fan of fondue, it's a worthy addition to your kitchen cabinet. I know the previous fondue experience with friends was majorly disappointing so I promise we'll try out this recipe next time. Two thumbs up :)

Yes, that is my lovely hand featured in the picture. Any hopes for hand modeling? :)

6 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

You either need a hot-mat for Christmas so that you don't have to use magazines, or perhaps you need a magazine rack so you don't have to keep them on your eating surface.

;-)

JC said...

ha ha..I suppose I don't get high marks for presentation with that one. :)

ami said...

Yummy!! I hope to try that soon :)

ac said...

New background?? One thing you left out is that the titular chipotles were not present in this edition, but we anticipate that that will send this fondue over the top.

And we have a magazine rack...it's called the shelf underneath the surface of the coffee table.

Unknown said...

wait -- AC can eat cheese on the new diet?

JC said...

-s

I think technically with the migraine diet you cannot eat anything you might actually enjoy. I think he's identified some problem foods like onions that he's purposely avoiding. Apparently, picked herring is on the list as well...so much for indulging at Christmas :)