Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Pasta with Roasted Butternut Squash and Shallots



It's official - spring is here. But why does it feel like typical winter weather is just picking up? Well, since it's still freezing out, I think it's totally justified to eat a filling, starchy recipe like Pasta with Roasted Butternut Squash and Shallots. I think the recipe is considered "light" because the suggested amount of pasta is only 4 ounces. Although I decided to throw the entire bag of pappardelle into the pot, I think 4 ounces per 3 cups of butternut squash is totally reasonable. I love the flavor combination of the roasted squash, brown sugar, shallots and sage but the chunks of butternut squash were quite a mouthful. I think making a pureed version of this combination would make a great filling for fresh ravioli...we'll see. :)

No comments: